Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

SO NOW WE'RE MOVING TO THE WORK SESSION.

[ Call the Work Session to Order]

[00:00:06]

AND ACTUALLY BEFORE WE GET STARTED, I JUST WANTED TO I KNOW THAT I HEARD FROM A NUMBER OF I PERSONALLY AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE I DID PREPARE INFORMATION FOR THIS ARTICLE AND I FEEL LIKE THE FACTS JUST WEREN'T WHAT PEOPLE WANTED TO REPORT.

WE HAD A LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE MEETING WHERE ALL THIS WAS DISCUSSED AND WHERE THE BOARD APPROVED THINGS WELL IN ADVANCE OF ANY CHANGES.

>> THANK YOU, MADAME CHAIR.

I JUST GUESS I WANT TO ECHO THAT WHEN THAT ARTICLE POPPED UP IN MY NEWS FEED TODAY I FOUND IT VERY DISAPOINTING.

THIS IS ALREADY A DIFFICULT TIME.

WE HAVE STAFF, A SUPERINTENDENT AAND WE'RE WORKING VERY HARD TO DO SOMETHING VERY UNPRECEDENTED ON A MASSIVE SCALE AND THAT THIS STORY WHICH SEEMS TO KEEP POPPING UP AND SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE, THAT'S WHAT WE CONSIDER AS A COMMUNITY AND THAT THIS IS NEWS.

FOR ME I'LL BE VERY CLEAR THIS WAS NOT NEWS AND IT WAS DISAP POINTING.

I THINK ONE OF THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID THAT I COMPLEELTLY AGREE WITH IS THAT THE LACK OF ACTUALLY PUTTING IN THE FACTS THAT WERE PROVIDED FOR THE STORY IS VERY SAD AND I WANT TO SAY, YOU KNOW, AS A COMMUNITY MAYBE ONE OF THE THINGS WE MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER THINKING ABOUT IS CALLING OUT FAKE NEWS WHEN WE SEE IT.

BECAUSE IF WE ARE GOING TO BE -- HE'S DID YOU KNOW IT WITH CHEER.

HE'S BEEN CHEERFUL.

HE HAS, YOU KNOW, EVEN IN IN PROBABLY HIS MOST ANXIOUS MOMENTS WHICH I KNOW FOR SURE THAT HE HAS HAD HE HAS BROUGHT THE STAFF THE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS TOGETHER TO FEEL LIKE THEY CAN GET THIS DONE AND THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING.

IS LET'S FOCUS ON THAT.

AND LET'S CALL THIS STUFF OUT AS A COMMUNITY AND SAY THIS IS NOT OKAY.

[00:05:13]

IT'S POSSIBLE AN INTERIM COULD OBSERVE THINGS BUT THAT WAS NOT REALLY THE ROLE BUT THAT AS IN CONTRAST A NEW SUPERINTENDENT REALLY AND WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT SCHOOL ORGANIZATIONS BUT ANY KIND OF ORGANIZATION WHEN THERE'S A LEADERSHIP CHANGE PART OF A NATURAL PROCESS OF A LEADERSHIP CHANGE IS AN ASSESSMENT PERIOD FOR NEW LEADERS TO COME IN.

THEN THERE ARE -- IT'S A VERY NATURAL PART OF THE PROCESS AND ONE THAT WAS AS THE CHAIR ALLUDED TO VERY MUCH DOCUMENTED AND PUBLICIZED AND DISCUSSED AND DELIBERATED AT THE TIME OF A REORGANIZATION PROCESS.

BASICALLY JUST A VERY NATURAL HEALTHY THING THAT ORGANIZATIONS GO THROUGH.

SO HAPPY TO DON'T BE PART OF THE PROCESS AND WE'LL GO THROUGH SOME MORE NATURAL HEALTHY PROGRESSION AND CHANGES AS WE START MAKING OUR SHIFT FROM OUR LAST STRATEGIC PLAN INTO OUR NEW STRATEGIC PLAN.

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF TRANSITIONS AND CHANGES.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

JUST WANTED TO ADD FROM MY PER SECTIVE AS WELL, WHEN WE CAME THONT BOARD THE THING WE HEARD TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT WAS A FUNDAMENTAL CONCERN WAS THE INSTABILITY AT THE TOP OF THE DIVISION.

WE HAD THREE SUPERINTENDENTS IN IN A FIVE YEAR PERIOD AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY VITAL TO MOVE FORWARD AS A DIVISION THAT WE HAVE THAT STEADY HAND AT THE TOP THAT'S GOING TO LEAD THE DIVISION THROUGH A LOT OF THINGS THAT NEED TO CHANGE OVER TIME AND I WOULD JUST SAY THAT -- THAT WE ARE ALIGNED WITH HIM ON THAT VISION AND DID PERSONAL ACTIONS THAT WE WERE TAKING WERE ALIGNED WITH THIS DIVISION AND THAT THIS BOARD HAS FOR THE DIVISION AND SO I THINK IT'S CRITICAL THAT WE FOCUS ON THAT AND FOCUS ON WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO ACHIEVE HERE AS A DIVISION.

ALL THE POSITIVE MOVEMENT AND MOMENTUM THAT WE'RE TRYING TO ACHIEVE.

AS A BOARD, IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO HOLD THE SUPERINTENDENT ACCOUNTABLE AND THIS BOARD HAS GONE THROUGH AN EVALUATION PROCESS WITH DR. HUTCHINGS AND THE BOARD WON'T HESITATE AND DR. HUTCHINGS WILL ATTEST TO THIS, THE BOARD WILL NOT HESITATE TO CALL HIM OUT OR TELL HIM IF WE DON'T THINK HE'S DOING

[00:10:05]

SOMETHING THAT IS MOVING THE DIVISION FORWARD AS EFFECTIVELY AS POSSIBLE.

I JUST HOPE THAT BECOMES MAINTAINS THE FOCUS GOING FORWARD.

>> THANK YOU.

ANYONE ELSE? OKAY.

WE'LL MOVE ON NOW TO OUR AGENDA, OUR FIRST AGENDA ITEM ON THE WORK SESSION

[ 1. FY 2022 Budget Calendar, Budget Process Resolution and Rules of Engagement]

WHICH IS THE BUDGET CALENDAR BUDGET PROCESS RESOLUTION AND THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

I'LL TURN IT OVER TO DR. HUTCHINGS.

>> THANK YOU, MADAME CHAIR.

AND THIS IS THE TIME FOR US TO BEGIN THE WHOLE PROCESS OF US ESTABLISHING OUR BUDGET PRIORITIES WHICH IS GOING TO GUIDE A LOT OF THE WORK THAT MOVES FORWARD AND THIS IS ALL DERIVING FROM OUR FIVE-YEAR STRATEGIC PLAN.

WITH THAT SAID I WANT TO TURN THINGS OVER TO OUR CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, MR. URNER, JUST TO TALK TO THE BOARD ABOUT OUR BUDGE PRIORITIES AS WELL AS ABOUT OUR PROCESS.

>> YES.

THANK YOU.

I HOPE EVERYBODY IS DOING WELL THIS EVENING.

GOT SOME FEEDBACK AND INCORPORATED FEEDBACK TONE SURE THAT OUR BUDGET CALENDAR DOESN'T HAVE ANY DATES THAT CONFLICT WITH ANY OTHER MAJOR HOLIDAYS OR ANYTHING OF THAT SUCH OR SCHOOL EVENTS AND WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT WE KEEP THE ADOPTION, THE APPROVAL IN JUNE ON REGULAR SCHEDULED BOARD MEETINGS SO A SPECIAL CALLED BOARD MEETING DOESN'T HAVE TO BE CALLED TO APPROVE OR ADOPT EITHER ONE OF THOSE BUDGETS.

BEFORE TEND OF FISCAL YEAR 2021, YOU WILL RECEIVE A DRAFT BUDGET CALENDAR FOR FISCAL YEAR 2023.

TO BE ABLE TO REVIEW DURING YOUR RECESS OVER THE SUMMER AND PROVIDE COMMENT AT THE WORK SESSION IN SEPTEMBER.

WITH THAT, I'LL OPEN IT UP IF THERE'S ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR EDITS THAT ANY MEMBER WOULD LIKE TO MAKE TO ANY OF OUR DOCUMENTS.

IN REGARDS TO PROPOSING SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR NEXT YEAR AND I WANT TO HAVE JUST AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS IT THAT WE WANT TO GET OUT OF CHANGING THOSE DATES TO A DIFFERENT TIME JUST TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT OUTCOME ARE WE SEEKING FROM THE CHANGE SO THAT WE CAN IF THE BOARD PROVIDES THAT

[00:15:04]

GUIDANCE FOR OUR FUTURE BUDGET CALENDAR PROPOSALS THAT WE CAN INCLUDE IT AND UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO GET OUT OF THAT.

>> SURE.

AND I THINK TO THE BOARD WE DISCUSSED AS A BODY THAT WE'RE TRYING TO MOVE TOWARDS THIS PHILOSOPHY AS A BOARD WHERE WE ASK FOR WHAT WE NEED FULLY AND I KNOW THAT OUR PAST FEW BUDGETS HAVE BEEN VERY REFLEFKTIVE MAKING -- REFLECTIVE THAT WE PUT WHAT THE DIVISION NEEDS AT THE FOREFRONT WITHOUT LIMITING OURSELVES AT THE FOREFRONT BASED ON WHAT WE PERCEIVE TO BE WHAT WE THINK THE CITY MIGHT APPROPRIATE FOR US AND I JUST THINK GOING BACK ON EVEN THE PAST CYCLE WHEN THE CITY MANAGER'S REPORT COMES OUT WHY THE BOARD IS STILL DELIBERATING ON CERTAIN BUDGET ITEMS, IT CAN HAVE AN IMPACT ON SOME DECISION MAKING AND IT CAN SWAY SOME BOARD MEMBER DECISIONS THAT THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE OTHERWISE MADE.

SO I THINK THE POLITICS INVOLVED EVEN THOUGH IT'S JUST A TWO-DAY DIFFERENCE IT CAN AFFECT SOMETIMES DECISION MAKING BASED ON WHAT'S PRESENTED AND I THINK IT WOULD JUST MAKE IT MORE CLEAR AND HELPFUL FOR THE BOARD JUST AS WE DELIBERATE TO FULLY HAVE MADE THAT DECISION AS A BOARD AND TO HAVE APPROVED IT FULLY WITHOUT HAVING KIND OF THAT ROOM FOR MAKING LAST MINUTE RECONFIGURATIONS BASED ON WHAT'S PRESENTED AND THIS IS KIND OF LIKE SOMETHING THAT I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A NEW BOARD MEMBER IT'S SOMETHING I HEARD A LOT FROM PAST BOARD MEMBERS AND I FEEL LIKE WE EXPERIENCE SOME DEGREE OF THAT WITH THIS CURRENT BOARD.

SO IT'S MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE BUT I'M DEFINITELY HAPPEN FOY HEAR OTHER BOARD MEMBERS HAVE ANY INPUT ON THAT.

I WILL SAY I THINK WE'RE IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE THAN MAYBE IN PREVIOUS YEARS AND I THINK WE'RE NOT NECESSARILY TALKING ABOUT HUGE DOORBELLS BETWEEN -- DIFFERENTIALS BETWEEN WHAT A SCHOOL BOARD MIGHT ADOPT AND WHAT THE CITY MANAGER MIGHT PROPOSE AND THAT IS CERTAINLY DUE I THINK IN NO SMALL PART TO THE WORK THAT DR. HUTCHINGS HAS PUT INTO DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CITY MANAGER AND ALSO LIKEWISE JUST THE ARE SORT OF KINDS OF RELATIONSHIP BUILDING THAT'S BEEN HAPPENING ACROSS THE CITY AND THE SCHOOL STAFF REALLY ON ALL THESE DIFFERENT KINDS OF THINGS.

THIS HAS BEEN ASKED FOR IN DIFFERENT WAYS AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

I THINK THERE IS SOME SENSE OF HOW DIFFICULT IT MIGHT BE TO DO THIS BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO REALLY KNOW THAT IF WE DON'T ACTUALLY SEE A CALENDAR LAID OUT THAT ACTUALLY DOES THIS.

AND THAT MIGHT PROMOTE SOME DIFFERENT REACTIONS.

IT MIGHT BE IF PEOPLE SEE THAT AND REALIZE HOW MUCH EARLIER IT BACKS UP OR MAYBE HOW MUCH DELIBERATION TIME IS CRUNCHED MAYBE PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE A DIFFERENT DECISION BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET TONA POINT IF WE DON'T REALLY START THE PROCESS AND CREATE SOME OPTIONAL CALENDARS.

IF WE DO GO THIS ROUTE WE'RE DEFINITELY INCREASING THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ROUND OF DISCUSSION IN MAY AND OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE SOME PROS AND CONS FOR THAT IN TERMS OF DELIBERATION BUT I DON'T THINK WE'LL BE ABLE TO DO THAT IF WE DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE SOME KIND OF CONVERSATION WITH THE CITY AND COME UP WITH AN ACTUAL CALENDAR TO REACT TO SO, YEP, BUT I DEFINITELY THINK MS. THORNTON ACT RATTEDLY DESCRIBED OVER THE YEARS WHY THIS HAS BEEN, YOU KNOW, THE -- WHY THE REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE.

[00:20:06]

>> ANYONE ELSE? I THINK WHEN WE DO THAT WE WILL HAVE TO GET -- I SEE IT SAYS ESTIMATE FOR THE ONE FROM THE CITY MANAGER SO WE'LL WANT TO BE REALLY MORE CERTAIN ABOUT THAT.

I'M NOT SURE HOW SOON THAT IS DETERMINED.

BUT I WOULD THINK WE WOULD WANT TO BE -- MR. TURNER KNOWS THOUGH.

>> DR. REEVE.

>> THANK YOU.

AND I JUST WANTED TO THANK MS. THORNTON AND GENTRY FOR BRINGING THIS UP AND JUST SAY THAT I ALSO AGREE THAT IF WE COULD MANAGE TO GET THE TIMELINE, YOU KNOW, WHERE THE SCHOOL BOARD I THINK THE ISSUE IS THAT WHEN THE CITY MANAGER IS PRESENTING HIS PROPOSED BUDGET HE HAS A NUMBER THAT HE'S WORKING OFF OF AND IT WOULD BE IDEAL IF THAT WAS THE PROPOSED BUDGETS THAT THE SCHOOL BOARD HAS APPROVED AND WHEN IT'S COMING FROM THE -- I THINK WHEN WE HAD GONE THROUGH OUR TRAINING ONE THING THAT I KNOW I'VE LEARNED AS A SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER IS THAT APPROVING A BUDGET IS ONE OF THE THREE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES THAT WE HAVE AND SO I'LL JUST SPEAK FOR MYSELF.

IT FEELS UNDERMINING TO THE SCHOOL BOARD AND OUR RESPONSIBILITY WHEN THE CITY MANAGER -- WHEN 2 TIMELINE KIND OF WORKS OUT THE WAY IT DOES AND THEN ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S PUB LIZCY THAT SAYS THAT THE CITY HAS FULLY FUNDED THE SUPERINTENDENT'S PROPOSED BUDGET, YOU KNOW, WHICH MAY DEPRAVER THE SCHOOL BOARD'S BUDGET AND SO I JUST WANTED TO SAY IF THERE'S A WAY THAT WE CAN GET THE TIMELINES SYNCED UP, THAT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

I WANTED TO ASK ONE OTHER QUESTION ABOUT PUBLIC HEARINGS.

I KNOW WE HAD AN ISSUE WITH ONE OF THE PUBLIC HEARINGS COMING RIGHT AFTER OUR SCHOOL BOARD BUDGET QUESTIONS THIS PAST YEAR AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE WILL COME DURING THE PUBLIC HEARING AND RAISE ISSUES THAT THE SCHOOL BOARD MAYBE WANTS TO ASK TO SUBMIT WITH OUR BUDGET QUESTIONS.

I NOTICED IT LOOKS LIKE MR. TURNER MAYBE YOU CAN WALK ME THROUGH THAT.

THERE'S A PUBLIC HEARING IN JANUARY WHICH WOULD BE RIGHT BEFORE THE QUESTIONS ARE DUE AND THEN THERE'S A SECOND PUB LIB HEARING IN FEBRUARY, IS THAT TYPICALLY I JUST DOESN'T SEEM LIKE WE USUALLY HAVE TWO PUBLIC HEARINGS.

IS THAT TYPICALLY HOW IT HAPPENS?

>> I THINK WE LOST OUR SECOND ONE THIS TIME RIGHT? I THINK BECAUSE OF THE SHUTDOWN.

>> AH I BELIEVING WE'RE ONLY REQUIRED TO HAVE ONE PUBLIC HEARING.

I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN JUST CONFIRM THAT OR NOT.

BUT WE TYPICALLY EACH YEAR HAVE TWO.

WE TRY TO HAVE ONE PRIOR TO THE SCHOOL BOARD SUBMITTING THEIR QUESTIONS BECAUSE WHAT THE PUBLIC MIGHT SAY SPUR SOME QUESTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK AND THEN WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE TYPICALLY PRIOR TO GOING INTO THE WORK SESSIONS AS WELL.

BUT JENNIFER I SEE YOU ON IF YOU COULD JUST CONFIRM FOR US THAT ONE STATEMENT THAT I MADE.

>> THAT'S CORRECT.

WE ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE ONE PUBLIC HEARING PRIOR TO THE ADOPTION OF EACH BUDGET.

>> SO JUST LOOKING AT THE FEBRUARY DATE I GUESS WHAT JUMPED OUT TO ME WAS WE HAVE THE -- TO SUBMIT THE COMBINED FUNDS ADD DELETE REQUEST ON FEBRUARY 2ND AND THEN WE HAVE A PUBLIC HEARING ON THE BUDGET ON FEBRUARY 4TH SO TO ME THAT SEEMS LIKE MAYBE AGAIN THAT TIMING I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THAT SAME ISSUE WITH THAT TIMING WHERE WE WOULD WANT THE PUBLIC HEARING PRIOR TO SUBMITTING QUESTIONS OR SUBMITTING ADD DELETES.

I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN LOOK AT -- >> I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE PURPOSE OF THAT PUBLIC HEARING WAS.

IFNA PURPOSE WAS FOR THE PUBLIC TO REACT TO THE ADD AND DELETES AND IT'S BEFORE WE'RE SPONSORING IN OTHER WORDS IT COULD MEAN THE DEATH OR THE PROMOTION OF A CERTAIN ADD OR DELETE BASED ON THE PUBLIC REACTION.

[00:25:01]

BUT THAT BEING SAID, MEAN, IF WE'RE LOOKING FOR SPACE, I GUESS AND WE DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT, THAT IS A POTENTIAL BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN REACH US AND THEY COULD ALSO COME TO ANOTHER MEETING AND SPEAK OR REACH US BY EMAIL IF SOMEHOW THAT DATE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUT IT ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU KNOW IS IT REALLY MEANINGFUL -- I'M ASKING THIS FOR ANYONE TO ANSWER IS IT MEANING FOR IF WE WOULD JUST SLIP IT IN BEFORE THE -- IS THAT GOING TO BE -- IS THAT WHAT PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR SLIPPING IT IN JUST BEFORE THE MANAGER PRESENTS HIS BUDGET.

MY QUESTION WOULD BE ON THE PROPOSED DRAFT 2022 CALENDAR, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE OTHER DATES ARE, DATES WERE BEING HELD I GUESS THE ONES IN TAN.

>>> MS. NOLAN.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH, CHAIR ANDERSON.

P I APOLOGIZE IF I MISSED THE RESPONSE, MR. TURNER, TO THE QUESTION BUT DO -- I DO RECALL THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT UP THAT THE BOARD DID DISCUSS THAT WE WANT TO GIVE OP HOMAGE TO THE PUBLIC COMMENTS AND ALLOW THAT TO INFORM US.

IT WAS A BIT OF A MISSTEP LAST TIME WHEN WE HAD THE PUBLIC HEAR HADDING AFTER WE ALREADY SUBMITTED OUR QUESTIONS.

DID WE ADJUST FOR THAT BECAUSE I'M LOOKING AT THE CALENDAR AND JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IF -- DID WE LEAVE THAT CONVERSATION AL ON THE SAME PAGE THAT THAT'S WHAT THAT FIRST PUBLIC HEARING WOULD BE FOR?

>> YES.

SO THE FIRST PUBLIC HEARING WOULD BE PRIOR THE SUBMISSION OF QUESTIONS AND PUBLIC COMMENTS MIGHT SPARK QUESTIONS SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS MAY HAVE AND THE SECOND IS TO BE ABLE TO REACT ON THE ADD DELETES SUBMITTED PRIOR TO SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS COSPONTANEOUS REING THOSE ADD DELETES.

SO ONCE THE ADD DELETES ARE OUT THERE, THEN THE PUBLIC CAN REACT TO THAT AND THEN YOU CAN COSPONSOR IT AND SO FORTH SO THAT'S WHY WE HAV THOSE TWO THROUGHOUT THE APPROVAL PROCESS.

>> GOT IT.

I APOLOGIZE.

I WASN'T -- I DIDN'T INTERPRET YOUR QUESTION CORRECTLY.

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

THANK YOU MR. TURNER.

>> NO WORRIES.

I WAS MAYBE NOT ARTICULATING IT CORRECTLY.

SO ANYBODY ELSE? I DON'T SEE ANYMORE HANDS.

SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS THEN I THOUGHT OH WE'LL DO IT ON MONDAY BUT THEN I REALIZED MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY JUST THAT WEEK MONDAY IS HOLIDAY WHICH WOULD BE BEFORE THE TUESDAY.

SO I GUESS ARE PEOPLE -- I KNOW.

I KNOW WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS BUT I GUESS I WANT TO KNOW WE ALSO

[00:30:05]

WEREN'T EXPECTING A PANDEMIC AND SO HOW ARE PEOPLE FEELING? DO THEY WANT -- I SEE MS. GENTRY WANTS TO SAY SOMETHING SO I'LL LET HER.

MAYBE SHE'LL ILLUMINATE US.

>> I THINK WE DO NEED TO KNOW -- I MEAN, AGAIN, I UNDERSTAND THERE WERE MAYBE SOME OTHER ISSUES WITH CERTAINLY THE PANDEMIC BUT THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED -- WE CAN MAYBE GET CONFIRMATION ON THE CITY MANAGER'S DATE AND, YOU KNOW, WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE OPTIONS FOR SHIFTING UP.

I WOULD SAY THAT I MEAN EVEN IF BOTH ADD DELETES HAPPENED BEFORE, YOU KNOW, AT LEAST THEN YOU COULD SAY THAT THE EVEN IF WE DIDN'T VOTE, CERYLLY OUR -- ESSENTIALLY, OUR -- IF THE CALENDAR STILL HAS THE CITY MANAGER'S PROPOSAL TECHNICALLY HAPPENING BEFORE WE VOTE BUT IT IS AFTER WE HAVE FINISHED OUR ADD DELETE PROCESS, BASED ON OUR RULES OF ENGAGEMENT, WE WOULD HAVE FINISHED OUR RULES OF -- WE WOULD HAVE FINISHED OUR DELIBERATION PROCESS AND EVEN IF WE'RE KNOW THAT WE'RE EVEN IF WE HAVEN'T VOTED ON IT YET, W WOULD BE VOTING ON A BUDGET THAT WE DELIBERATED ON AND FINISHED OUR DELIBERATIONS PRIOR TO THE CITY MANAGER'S RELEASE.

I DON'T KNOW IF THAT MAKES SENSE.

BUT I GUESS WE JUST NEED A REALITY CHECK ON IF THIS IS POSSIBLE AT ALL AND IF NOT, WHAT ARE THE STEPS GOING TO BE FOR HOW WE COULD DETERMINE THIS FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

>> DR. HUTCHINGS?

>> YES.

I THINK THAT MR. TURNER HE CAN PROVIDE SOME INSIGHT TO WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IF WE WANTED TO CHANGE THE TIMEFRAME AND IF YOU CAN GO THROUGH WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO ADJUST OR TAKE AWAY OR ADD TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

>> CITY COUNCIL EXPERIENCE VERSUS THE SCHOOL BOARD EXPERIENCE IS THAT WE APPROVE A PROPOSED BUDGET THAT WE SEND TO THE CITY AND THEN WE GET OUR ALLOCATION AND WE VOTE AGAIN ON THE FINAL BUDGET BUT THE CITY COUNCIL THEY ONLY GO THROUGH ONE PROCESS BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAVE TO ACTUALLY THEIR FINAL ALLOCATION TO US AND THEIR BUDGET SO IT'S A LITTLE BIT -- I UNDERSTAND IT'S A LITTLE BIT TRICKY BUT I ALSO WANTED TO JUST MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT THE PUBLIC HEARINGS AS WELL.

AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WANT TO JUMP IN BUT I'M A BELIEVER IN TRYING TO GET

[00:35:32]

THE PUBLIC AS INVOLVED IN THIS PROCESS AS POSSIBLE FRANKLY AND I THINK THE PUBLIC HEARINGS ON THE BUCKET ARE GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO DO THAT AND I GUESS MY OWN SENSE WITH THE PUBLIC HEARINGS IN GENERAL IS THAT I KNOW WE HAVE SOME REQUIREMENTS ABOUT PUBLICIZING THEM AND I MEAN WE HAVE A REQUIREMENT TO HAVE THEM FOR A REASON.

IT'S SO THAT OUR PUBLIC CAN SEE WHAT OUR BUDGET IS AND SUBMIT FEEDBACK AND BE INVOLVED AND ENGAGED IN THIS PROCESS OF WHERE THEIR TA DOLLARS ARE GOING.

THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT AND I WOULD LOVE TO -- KIND OF LIKE EVEN PUBLICIZE THESE OPPORTUNITIES MORE AND ENCOURAGE LIKE MORE PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROCESS AND FOR MYSELF THE PUBLIC FEEDBACK, IT IS IMPORTANT AND SO TO BE SAID THAT THE PUBLIC FEEDBACK CAN COME IN ADVANCE OF SUBMITTING QUESTIONS OR SUBMITTING ADD DELETES THAT IS HELPFUL.

SO I JUST KIND OF WENT TO THE PLUG IN FOR THAT.

I KNOW WE'RE ONLY REQUIRED TO HAVE ONE AND IF WE HAD ONE AND WE MADE A REALLY BIG DEAL OUT OF IT AND GOT A LOT OF PARTICIPATION, THAT WOULD BE GREAT BUT IF WE HAD THREE OR FOUR AND TWO PEOPLE COME BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT OR IS ENGAGED IN THE PROCESS THEN TO ME IT'S KIND OF LIKE WE'RE CHECKING THE BOX.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? SO LET'S REALLY USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO GET SUPPORT IN OUR COMMUNITY FOR THE WORK THAT WE'RE DOING.

I GUESS THAT'S KIND OF WHAT I'M SAYING.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WANT TO CHIME IN AT ALL ABOUT THE REQUIREMENT LEGALLY.

>> THANK YOU, DOCTOR.

AGREE WITH ALL OF YOUR POINTS.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

I WAS ONLY COMMENTING EARLY EARLY ON THE MINIMUM LEGAL REQUIREMENTS BUT YOUR POINTS ARE ALL EXTREMELY WELL TAKEN.

>> DR. HUTCHINGS.

>> I WAS JUST GOING TO ADDNA THE REASON WHY I WAS ASKING EARLIER KIND OF LIKE THE OUTCOME THAT WE WERE SEEKING IS THIS I WANTED TO JUST UNDERSTAND WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH BY HAVING IT EARLIER BECAUSE I DO KNOW THAT IF WE WERE TO MOVE OUR DATE MEANING THE BOARD APPROVAL DATE EARLIER THAT IT DPROUNT VIED ENOUGH TIME FOR ANY ADJUSTMENTS.

YOU KNOW, THAT WERE ALREADY GOING TO BE PROPOSED TO THE CITY COUNCIL BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A TIGHT SCHEDULE AS WELL SO SHIFTING I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S GOING TO NECESSARILY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF THAT'S AN OUTCOME THAT WE'RE TRYING TO SEEK.

AND I ALSO THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE BOARD AS WELL AS THE COMMUNITY UNDERSTANDS THE CITY MANAGER, HE IS FULLY SUPPORTING THE SUPERINTENDENT'S PROPOSED BUDGET IT DOESN'T PREVENT THE SCHOOL BOARD FROM APPROVING A BUDGET THAT ASKS FOR MORE MONEY FROM THE CITY.

THAT'S THE PURPOSE IN US HAVING THE WHOLE PROCESS OF THE BOARD SAYING YES OR NO TO THE PROPOSED BUDGET.

THE BOARD STILL HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO THAT AND AT THE END OF THE DAY THE CITY COUNCIL, THEY CONTROL 82% OF OUR BUDGET AND 100% OF OUR CIP FUNDING.

I WANTED TO KNOW THE OUTCOME THAT WE WERE SEEKING BECAUSE DEPENDING ON HOW SOONER WE DO IT IF IT'S GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO LIKE WHAT THE BOARD -- I'M SORRY.

WHAT THE CITY COUNCIL APPROVES.

OR NOT.

SO I JUST WANTED TO PUT THAT OUT THERE TO MAKE SURE IF WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE LET'S MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE GOING TO GET WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO GET OUT OF WHATEVER DATE THE BOARD DETERMINES.

>> YEAH.

AND I THINK -- MY MEMORY WAS THERE WAS SORT OF A -- THERE WAS A FEELING THAT MADE FOR THE PUSH FOR THIS PARTLY BECAUSE OF A PRESS RELEASE THAT SAID THEY HAD

[00:40:03]

FULLY FUNDED THE SUPERINTENDENT'S BUDGET WHICH WAS TOTALLY ACCURATE BUT THEN I GUESS I THINKS WHAT I HAVE HEARD OVER THE YEARS FROM FORMER AND CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS IS THAT THERE IS A DESIRE TO HAVE A CLEAR DISTINCT COMMUNICATION MOMENT FROM THE BOARD EXPRESSING THE AMOUNT THAT THEY -- THAT IN TALKING WITH DR. HUTCHINGS AND TALKING WITH THE STAFF AND US DELIBERATING AMONG OUSTS ANTICIPATE TAKING INPUT FROM THE COMMUNITY WHAT THE APPROPRIATE BUDGET SHOULD BE AND JUST GIVING EVERYONE A MOMENT TO SEE THAT DISTINCTION.

IT'D MIGHT BE THAT BY THE TIME WE GET TO BUDGET ADOPTION IN JUNE THAT, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

THE BOARD HAS TO DESIRE IF THE DESIRE FOR THAT CLEAR COMMUNICATION MOMENT IS -- IF THE DESIRE FOR THAT IS STRONG REAR THAN THE DESIRE FOR MORE DELIBERATIVE MOMENTS OR SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS.

>> MS. ALDERTON.

>> AS I LISTEN I'M WONDERING IF THE QUESTION IS MORE AROUND BECAUSE I HEAR PEOPLE'S CONCERNS.

I'M WONDERING IF IT'S A QUESTION OF DO WE PUT IT IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE THIS CHANGE RIGHT NOW FOR THIS BUDGET CYCLE OR TAKE THE TIME BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THIS IS A BROADER DISCUSSION THAT WOULD -- LIKE, I WOULD WANT TO HAVE, YOU KNOW, WITH COUNCIL AND, YOU KNOW, DR. HUTCHINGS WOULD NEED TO HAVE WITH MR. JENCKS AND, YOU KNOW, DO WE SET ASIDE THE TIME THIS YEAR INSTEAD TO REALLY FLESH THAT OUT SO WE CAN HAVE A CLEAR PLAN FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR AS OPPOSED TO A RUSH TO DO IT NOW.

I DON'T KNOW.

I GUESS I'M THROWING THAT QUESTION AS AS YOU KNOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.

I WANTED TO RAISE ONE POINT.

I FEEL LIKE I MAY HAVE SAID IT BEFORE BUT SINCE WE'RE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE

[00:45:05]

BUDGET CYCLE I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT WHAT'S BEING SAID AND JUST WANT TO REITERATE TOO I THINK A LOT OF THE DISCUSSION AROUND THIS TIMING AND THE DATE WE PRESENT THE BUDGET TO THE COUNCIL AND OUR CONCERNS ABOUT THAT IS SORT OF AN OUTGROWTH OF OUR DEPENDENCE ON COUNCIL AS DR. HUTCHINGS MENTIONED 82% OF THE FUNDING.

NOW THAT WE'RE AT THE FRONT OF A BUDGET CYCLE I DID WANT TO RAISE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE WHOLE BOARD THE QUESTION OF WHETHER WE WANT TO BE MORE PROACTIVE IN OUR BUDGET CALENDARING PROCESS TO DISCUSS THE REVENUE SIDE JUST MORE GENERALLY.

I THINK WE ALWAYS KIND OF ASSUME EVERYTHING IS KIND OF STATIC AT THE FRONT END OF THE PROCESS AND WE KIND OF HAVE TO ACCEPT WHAT'S EVER GIVEN BY THE COUNCIL AND THEN WE'RE STUCK WITH THAT.

DEAR NOT SURE IF THERE'S GOING GO A SPIKE IN REGARDS TO COVID-19 IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS LIKE PEOPLE ARE PREDICTING, THE MED CAMPELL PROFESSIONALS -- MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ARE PREDICTING.

WE DON'T KNOW IF THINGS WILL BE SHUT DOWN AGAIN IN THE WINTERTIME.

THE PANDEMIC STARTED IN THE SPRING NOT IN THE PEAK OF IF FLU SEASON SO THERE ARE SO MANY FACTORS THAT ARE UNCERTAIN THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO REALLY HAVE SOME TOUGH DISCUSSIONS AROUND THE FY 22 BUBLTH SO I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT FOR US TO GO INTO THIS KNOWING AHMED OF TIME SO I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU ALL FORE WARNING THE BOARD THAT WE JUST HAVE TO BE MINDFUL AND CAUTIOUS AND FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE AS WE

[00:50:21]

GO INTO THIS PROCESS WHICH WE ALL ARE ANYWAY.

I JUST WANT US TO HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE THAN WE'VE EVER HAD BEFORE BECAUSE WE -- NONE OF US HAVE GONE INTO A BUDGET SEASON IN A GLOBAL PANDEMIC SO THIS IS GOING TO BE NEW FOR ALL OF US.

>> SO DR. HUTCHINGS JUST TO FOLLOW UP ON THAT BECAUSE SOMETHING YOU SAID JOGGED ANOTHER POINT I MEANT TO MAKE IN YOUR COMMENTS UNDERSCORING THIS.

I THINK THIS IS EXACTLY WHY IT'S GOING TO BE SO IMPORTANT THAT WE -- I THINK THIS WAS IMPORTANT BEFORE THE PANDEMIC BUT I THINK ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF THE PANDEMIC WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BE A LOT MORE NIMBLE AND CREATIVE ON THE REVENUE SIDE AND THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX IN TERMS OF WHAT WE CAN DO OBVIOUSLY WITHIN THOSE CONSTRAINTS.

IS IT'S SCROTI THAT YOU'RE BEING TRANSPARENT ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE'RE HAVING A BUDGET YEAR ON THE FRONT END BUT PROACTIVELY THINK ABOUT HOW WE CAN BRING THE PUBLIC ALONG IN WHAT MIGHT BE A FIGHT.

SMOOTH PROCESS FOR THE NEXT ROUND AND I'M GENUINELY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THAT.

>> ALL RIGHT.

I HAVE -- I THINK PEOPLE WILL CHIME IN BUT I HAVE MS. WARBER WHO WANTS TO SAY SOMETHING.

>> I CAN ALSO RESPOND IN A SENSE TO THAT BECAUSE IT'S A PERFECT INTREMENDOUS TO A COMMENT I WANTED TO MAKE.

FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE BOARD AND THOSE OF US WHO HAVE WORKED IN THE SYSTEM FOR A FEW YEARS THIS IS NOT A NEW CONVERSATION.

FOR YEARS CITY AND SCHOOL SYSTEM HAVE GONE BACK AND FORTH ABOUT THE BUDGET CALENDAR AND COORDINATING BETTER COORDINATING AND I THINK IT WAS POINTED OUT THAT NEVER HAVE THINGS BEEN BETTER IN THE SENSE OF CORPORATION AND COLLABORATION, ET CETERA.

HOWEVER, WE JUST NEED TO REMEMBER THAT WE USED TO BE VERY OUT OF SYNC AND WHERE WE ARE NOW WITH IT'S EVEN -- IT'S HUGE PROGRESS THAT TH SUPERINTENDENT'S BUDGET GETS PRESENTED IN THE BUDGETS PROCESS.

ONE THING A NUMBER OF US HAVE NOTICED, THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN INVOLVED FOR

[00:55:12]

YEARS, ET CETERA, IS THAT THE PUBLIC COMMENT IN THE LAST FEW YEARS IT SEEMS THAT THE BETTER THE RELATIONSHIP IS BETWEEN THE SCHOOL BOARD AND THE CITY THE MORE WE SEEM TO BE GETTING WHAT WE'RE ASKING FOR, THE FEWER COMMENTS WE GET WHICH IN SOME WAYS I THINK IS UNFORTUNATE.

IT USED TO WITH IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY PTA PRESIDENT WOULD COME AND THEY'D HAVE A SERIES OF ELOQUENT STATEMENTS TO MAKE AND I THINK IN SOME WAYS IT'S A GOOD THING.

IT MEANS THAT WE'RE WORKING A BUDGET THAT SATISFIES MORE EFFECTIVELY AND ON THE OTHER HAND I AGREE WITH THOSE WHO WANT TO SEE THE PUBLIC INPUT AND PARTICIPATION AND I DO THINK BECAUSE OF COVID, BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY AND ALSO BECAUSE OF VIRTUAL EDUCATION, WE WILL SEE LOTS OF PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND WE SHOULD SEE LOTS OF PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT.

AND I GUESS I'M AGREEING ALSO THAT I DON'T SEE ANY NEED TO DRASTICALLY MAKE A CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE.

I THINK IT HAS BEEN EVOLVING.

WE OUR BUDGET CALENDAR IS WE'VE DEFINITELY MOVED IT UP A LOT.

WE MAKE DECISIONS A LOT EASIER THAN WE USED TO.

ONE THING THE CITY HAS BEEN ASKING US TO DO IS COMBINE OUR CIP AND OUR OPERATING BUDGET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I CAN'T QUITE REMEMBER BUT IN ANY CASE I WANTED TO SHARE THAT.

I HOPE IT WAS HELPFUL.

>> THANK YOU.

THERE WAS SOME MORE RECENT -- SO THERE WAS SOMETHING BEFORE MAYBE I WAS EVEN ON THE BOARD WHERE IT WAS BACKED UP.

IT IS TRUE THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE EARLIEST I THINK COMBINED FUND BUDGET TIMES FOR NEIGHBORING JURISDICTIONS BUT THERE WAS SOME THAT CAME OUT OF THE JOINT TASK FORCE, THERE WERE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT THE CITY'S BUDGET ACTUALLY I THINK FOR DECOUPLING I BELIEVE.

MR. TURNER COULD SPEAK TO THAT AND I THINK THERE WAS RELUCTANCE TO DO SOME OF THAT AND I ACTUALLY THINK IF WE WANTED TO -- WE ARE PROBABLY LATE STARTING BECAUSE WE TALKED ABOUT BEFORE I THINK THAT IF WE BACKED UP IF WE WANTED TO DO WHAT I THINK PEOPLE WANT TO DO WE HAVE TO BACK UP THE CIP FURTHER TOO SO THAT WE COULD ACTUALLY START THE COMBINED FUNDS BEFORE WE BREAK IN DECEMBER.

I MEAN, IT WOULD REALLY PROBABLY AND PEOPLE CAN MAYBE MR. TURNER CAN GIVE US AN UPDATE ON THAT KIND OF AROUND THE JOINT TASK FORCE TIME PERIOD AND SOME OF THE DISCUSSIONS SINCE THEN.

>> SURE.

THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO COMPLETELY DECOUPLE BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO COME TO A COMPROMISE WITH MOVING UP THOSE WORK SESSIONS FOR THE CIP.

>> THERE'S ALSO THE DISCUSSION ABOUT ANOTHER JURISDICTION I THINK ARTICLINGTON DOES THIS.

THEY DON'T HAVE A FULL BLOWN CIP THING EVERY YEAR BECAUSE THEY HAVE THEIR PLAN AND THEN THEY MORE REVISIT IT MORE IN DEPTH I THINK LIKE EVERY OTHER YEAR OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHICH WOULD ALLOW US SPACE BUT WE'VE HAD -- WE'RE IN A BETTER POSITION NOW IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR THE PANDEMIC WE HAD ALL THAT INFORMATION WE WERE ABLE TO PUT INTO OUR CIP THAT WOULD HAVE MADE THAT POTENTIALLY POSSIBLE IF WE DID NOT HAVE A PANDEMIC AND ALL OF THE ECONOMIC DAMAGE THAT, THAT MAY BE GOING TO DO TO OUR BUDGET BUT I THINK THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF THINGS I THINK WOULD BE NICE IS NOT TO HAVE THE FULL BLOWN CIP BECAUSE IF WE DO A TEN YEAR PLAN

[01:00:02]

WHY REVISIT IT IN ITS ENTIRETY EVERY YEAR.

IT WOULD BE BETTER TO JUST DO A LITTLE BIT OF TWEAKING THAT WOULD CONDENSE THAT PROCESS AND ALLOW US TO SPEND MORE TIME ON THE COMBINED FUNDS AND MAYBE START IT EARLIER AND GET WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR THAT BUDGET APPROVAL BEFORE WE GET IT NOW BUT WE'RE JUST -- THERE WERE SO MANY THINGS I FEEL LIKE WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON AND JUST AS WE GOT THEM KIND OF ALL THE DUCKS LINED UP IN A ROW, THEN THIS HAS HAPPENED.

SO EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT IT'S JUST SO TERRIBLE.

BUT DR. EEVE.

I KNOW THIS CONVERSATION IS GOING ON AND ON HERE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IN RESPONSE TO MEGAN'S QUESTION THAT I DON'T THINK IT HAS TO BE NECESSARILY AAN EITHER OR.

I THINK WE COULD DO LIKE A SMALL TWEAK OR TWO NOW AND THEN WE CAN I WANT SOUNDS LIKE FROM LISTENING TO EVERYONE THAT MAYBE WE WOULD LIKE TO JUST REVISIT THE PROCESS A LITTLE BIT MORE GENERALLY AND SEE WHA OTHER DIVISIONS ARE DOING AND POSSIBLY JUST THINK THROUGH THE PROCESS AS A -- IN TOTALITY BUT JUST LOOKING AT THE CALENDAR, RIGHT NOW THE CITY MANAGER IS PRESENTING HIS PROPOSED BUDGET ON THE SAME DAY THAT WE HAVE OUR SECOND WORK SESSION AND THAT'S A TUESDAY AND THE PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY IS WHEN WE HAVE THE FIRST ADD DELETE SESSION AND SOMETIMES WE DON'T ALWAYS NEED A SECOND SESSION.

I MEAN I PERSONALLY WOULD FAVOR HAVING A SPECIAL MEETING ON THAT THURSDAY TO DO THE SECOND ADD DELETE SESSION.

I DON'T KNOW IF OTHER PEOPLE WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF DOING THAT AND THEN THAT HOPEFULLY WOULDN'T MEAN THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE ALL THESE OTHER THINGS AND PUSH THEM BACK AND THAT WOULD SOLVE KIND OF ADDRESS THE ISSUE FOR THIS PARTICULAR YEAR.

BUT I THINK THE BRINGINGER CONVERSATION FOR FUTURE BUDGET CYCLES WOULD BE HELPFUL AS WELL.

SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO BE TO MR. SUAREZ'S POINT -- I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO BE A BETTER ADVOCATE FOR THE SCHOOL DIVISION AND I'M LOOKING FOR WAYS AND OPPORTUNITIES TO DO THAT.

AND SO YOU KNOW THE MORE WE CAN THINK ABOUT THAT AND THE MORE THAT WE CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE SCHOOL DIVISION REALLY SECURING THE RESOURCES THAT IT NEEDS THEN I THINK THAT THAT WOULD BE GREAT FOR ALL OF US AND ALL OF OUR STUDENTS AS WELL.

>> I GUESS I HAVE A LOGISTICAL QUESTION ABOUT THAT PROPOSAL BOTH IN TERMS OF POSTING AND IN TERMS OF TURN AROUND FROM THE WORK SESSION GOING TO A MEETING THE NEXT DAY.

>> I'M GOING TO SHARE MY SCREEN AGAIN SO EVERYONE CAN LOOK AT THE CALENDAR AT THE SAME TIME.

SO TO YOUR POINT, MS. ANDERSON, IF IT WERE TO BE MOVED UP TO FEBRUARY 11TH RIGHT AFTER THE WORK SESSION ASSUMING THAT EVERYBODY AGREES TO TESTIMONY ADD DELETE THAT THEY WANT AT THAT FIRST WORK SESSION.

WE'D BE ASKING THAT TO TURN AROUND AND PUT IN ALL THOSE THINGS OVERNIGHT ESSENTIALLY STAYING BACK AFTER THE WORK SESSION TO CREATE THOSE DOCUMENTS SO THAT THEY CAN BE POSTED FOR THE NEXT DAY AND THE SCHOOL BOARD HAS THE MOTION TO ADOPT WITH ALL OF THE FIGURES AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND SO FORTH.

AFTER THAT WORK SESSION.

WERE TO END THAT NIGHT.

SO THAT WAS -- THAT WOULD BE THE CHALLENGE WITH DOING IT RIGHT AFTER THE ONLY ADD DELETE WORK SESSION FROM THE STAFF'S PERSPECTIVE.

>> WE WERE TRYING TO PROVIDE THAT -- WE WE TALKED ABOUT LAST YEAR TRYING TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL TIME TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH SOME OF THE ADD DELETE INFORMATION FOR FROM THE BOARD WITH THE STAFF.

WE NEEDED THAT ADDITIONAL TIME BECAUSE WE WERE TRYING TO TURN EVERYTHING AROUND SO QUICKLY IN THE PAST AND WE STILL HAVE OTHER THINGS THAT WE'RE WORKING THROUGH JUST THE DAILY OPERATIONS OF THE ORGANIZATION THAT IT DOES MAKE IT A CHALLENGE.

>> THE OTHER THING WOULD BE THE PUB RICK NOTICE.

IT WOULD BE VERY LITTLE NOTICE FOR THE PUBLIC IF WE WERE TO MAKE A CHANGE

[01:05:05]

EITHER DELETE OR ADD THERE WOULD BE VERY LITTLE NOTICE IF WE WERE TO THEN VOTE ON THE BUDGET THE NEXT DAY.

I WOULD BE A LITTLE BIT CONCERNED ABOUT THAT BUT I THINK WE CAN KEEP LOOKING ALTHOUGH WE'RE SUPPOSED TO VOTE ON THIS CALENDAR NEXT WEEK.

IS THAT THE XHPTATION.

A GOOD JOCK OF HAVING THE TIME AND SPACE ON TO CALENDAR FOR A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AND I THINK IT IS CHALLENGING AND WE SHOULD LOOK AT WHAT OTHERS ARE

[2. FY 2022 Combined Funds Budget Priorities]

DOING BECAUSE I KNOW OUR BUDGET IS APPROVED THE NEXT THING IS TO TURN IT BACK TO DR. HUTCHINGS.

>> YES.

SO WE'RE GOING TO TRANSITION NOW.

WE NEED EVERYONE TO PUT ON THEIR THINKING CAPS, FOLKS.

I KNOW WE HAD AN INTENSE DISCUSSION AND A LOT OF CONVERSATION ABOUT THE BUDGET CALENDAR.

NOW WE'RE GOING TO SHIFT IN TO REALLY TALKING ABOUT THE BUDGET PRIORITIES AND WE

[01:10:34]

WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT WE WANTED TO GO A LITTLE BIT MORE DETAILED TO THE BOARD IN TERMS OF WHAT'S CONTAINED WITHIN SO FOR SYSTEMIC ALIGNMENT FOCUSING ON HOW WE'RE PULLING THE PROVERBIAL ROPE IN THE SAME DIRECTION AND ARE FOCUSED ON BUILDING A CULTURE OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT TO DESIGN EQUITABLE SYSTEMS AND DISMANTLE THE SYSTEMIC RACISM AND INEQUITIES THAT HAVE BEEN BUILT.

SUPPORTING THE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR OUR STUDENTS AS THEY MOVE AND INTERACT WITH US ON A DAY THE DAY BASIS.

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT I KNOW THIS IS SUCH A HUGE PRIORITY AREA FOR US AS A DIVISION AS WELL AS FOR THE BOARD AND REALLY FOCUSED ON ENSURING THAT ALL FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS GET THOSE THREE KEY TEXTS HERE IN TERMS OF WELCOME RESPECTED AND VALUES AND NOT JUST OVERALL BUT IN EVERY SINGLE INTERACTION THAT THEY HAVE WITH US AS AN ORGANIZATION.

WE KNOW THAT FROM A CUSTOMER SERVICE MODEL PERSPECTIVE IT ONLY TAKES THAT ONE NEGATIVE INTERACTION TO UNDO A LOT OF POSITIVE INTERACTIONS BEFORE IT SO HOW ARE WE ENSURING RELIABILITY IN TERMS OF ALWAYS HITTING THAT WELCOME RESPECTED AND VALUED AS WELL AS ENGAGING OUR STAKEHOLDERS IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS AND ENSURING THAT THEY'RE PARTNERING WITH US AND THE DELIVERY OF EDUCATION AND SERVICES TO THEIR STUDENTS.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST IN A LAIR IMPORT FOR THIS EVENING IS AROUND THE STRATEGIC RESOURCEAL OCCASION SO THAT WE'RE NOT AS AN ORGANIZATION SIMPLY SUPPLYING RESOURCES EQUALLY.

BUT THAT WE ARE HAVING THE MEANINGFUL CONVERSATIONS AND USING DATA TO INFORM HOW WE'RE STRATEGICALLY PROVIDING DIFFERENTIATED RESOURCES ACROSS OUR SYSTEM.

[01:15:04]

CERTAINLY FOCUSED ON EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVELY THE FISCAL HEALTH OF OUR DIVISION AND ONE THING TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE FOCUSED ON MEETING STUDENTS WHERE THEY ARE TO SUPPORT EQUITABLE OUTCOMES AND ALSO THE KEY FOCUS OF RETENTION RATES PARTICULARLY AMONG STATE STAFF SERVING OUR LOW INCOME STUDENTS AND STUDENTS OF COLOR.

WITH ALL OF THAT WANTED TO BRING THE BOARD BACK TO A SLIDE THAT I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE ALSO SEEN BEFORE IN TERMS OF KIND OF WHY RACIAL EQUITY IS AT THE HEART OF THE WORK AND TO REDEFINE RACIAL EQUITY AS WHEN RACE DOES NOT DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF LIFE, OPPORTUNITIES, AND OUTCOMES FOR OUR STUDENTS AND THAT OUR GOAL COLLECTIVELY AGAIN AS WE STATE IN OUR MISSION IS TO REMOVE THOSE BARRIERS THAT PREVENT ANYONE FROM ACHIEVING THEIR ASPIRATIONS AND DREAMS FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND WHO THEY WANT TO BE IN THEIR LIFE AND THAT WE'RE PLACING RACIAL EQUITY AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING THAT WE DO IN RECOGNITION THAT THE CREATION AND PER PET WEIGHS OF RACIAL INEQUITIES HAS BEEN DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE INSTITUTION AND EDUCATION FOR DECADES IF NOT CENTURIES.

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID WANTED TO GIVE THE BOARD A QUICK HIGH LEVEL OVERVIEW OF SOME OF THE DATA INFORMED AND EQUITY AND FOCUSED INFORMATION.

I KNOW WE HAD SEVERAL ATTACHMENTS TO OUR LAST TOPIC AROUND AREAS OF FOCUS A FEW WEEKS AGO AS WELL AS TO THIS PARTICULAR BOARD ITEM TO ENSURE THAT WE'RE DELIVERING THE DATA SO YOU ALL CAN MAKE THOSE DATA INFORMED DISCUSSIONS AND ALSO WANTED TO PROVIDE A HIGH LEVEL OVERVIEW OF THOSE ATTACHMENTS THIS EVENING.

SO CERTAINLY FOCUSING IN ON SOME OF THE KEY AREAS WE KNOW FROM OUR DATA ANALYSIS THAT PARTICULARLY LITERACY IN THE PRIMARY GRADE LEVELS CONTINUES TO BEEN AREA SO LOCKING AT OUR DATA AND SEEING THE DISCREPANCIES AND OUTCOMES.

13% OF OUR TALENTED POPULATION REPRESENT APPROXIMATELY 36% OF OUR TOTAL STUDENT BODY SO AGAIN UNDERREPRESENTEDATION THERE WHEN WE GO INTO SW STUDENTS WITH DISABILITY AND IDENTIFICATION WE KNOW PARTICULARLY WITHIN OUR EMOTIONAL DISABILITY GROUP WE SEE DISCREPANCIES THERE IN TERMS OF OUR RACE ETHNICITY WITH OUR BLACK OR AFTERCONDITION AMERICAN STUDENTS COMPROMISING OVER TWO THIRDS OF OUR STUDENTS IDENTIFIED AS ED AND OUR HISPANIC STUDENTS REPRESENTING 32%.

OVERREPRESENTATION WHEN WE START TALKING ABOUT SWD IDENTIFICATION.

ALSO JUST WANTED TO REMIND THE BOARD WE CERTAINLY HAVE QUANTITATIVE DATA THROUGH OUR OTHER SOURCES THAT WE'VE DONE A NUMBER OF PURPOSEFUL AUDITS AND EVALUATIONS TO TRULY TAKE A DEEP DIVE AND LOOK AT SPECIFIC AREAS THAT WE PRIORITIZE AS AREAS OF LEVERAGE TO CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE OUR SERVICES AS AN ORGANIZATION SO IN AREAS OF COMMUNICATION, FAMILY ENGAGEMENT, HUMAN RESOURCES, FACILITIES WITH DISABILITY -- STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES AND GIFTED.

THIS IS A REMINDER SLIDE AND A SLIDE I KNOW THE BOARD HAS SEEN BEFORE BUT KNOWING THAT FROM AN INSTRUCTIONAL PERSPECTIVE THAT STUDENTS WHO WERE ENGAGED IN THE ACADEMIC OFFERINGS DID SHOW AND FELT THEY WERE MAKING ACADEMIC PROGRESS.

WE ALSO KNOW THAT ENGAGEMENT WAS A CHALLENGE IN THE SPRING AND THAT WE WERE NOT ENGAGING ALL STUDENTS AND THAT CORPORATES TO BEEN AREA OF FOCUS I KNOW AS WE ENTER INTO 4.0.

TECHNOLOGY ACCESS OBVIOUSLY AN AREA OF FOCUS IS OUR LIFE LINE TO OUR STUDENTS IN THIS CURRENT STATE AND TIME.

AND FINDING THAT ACPS HAS BEEN RESPONSIVE TO THE TECHNOLOGY NEEDS AND ALSO CONTINUING TO PUSH TO ENSURE THAT ALL STUDENTS ARE ACCESSING ONLINE LEARNING.

NUTRITION HEALTH AND SAFETY FROM THE VERY BASIS OF HUMAN NEEDS WE DID FIND THAT

[01:20:06]

A MAJORITY WERE FEELING SUPPORTED IN THE SPRING AROUND -- ON AVERAGE WE WERE SERVING OVER 30,000 MEALS PER WEEK WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE IN TERMS OF THE EFFORTS THAT WENT INTO THAT IN THE SPRING AND THEN LAST BUT NOT LEAST FROM COMMUNICATION PERSPECTIVES, OUR STAKEHOLDERS FEELING WELL INFORMED AND CONNECTED AND CONTINUING TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE NEED TO PUSH AND OFFER MULTIPLE MONTH DALTIES IN TERMS OF HOW OUR FAMILIES AND STAKEHOLDERS ARE ACCESSING AND INFORMATION AT WORK.

ACKNOWLEDGING THAT WE SAW INCREASED NEEDS IN TERMS OF COMMUNICATION SUPPORTS FROM OUR FAMILIES WHO ARE NONNATIVE SPEAKERS SO OUR SPANISH AND ABIBBING FAMILIES AS WELL AS SEEING SOME DIFFERENT YEGGS AND INCREASED REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT BY RACE ETHNICITY AROUND TECH KNOWLEDGE FOR HISPANIC BLACK OR AFRICAN-AMERICAN FAMILIES.

PHYSICAL HEALTH AND SAFETY IS THEIR PRIMARY CONCERN WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND HOW ARE WE PLANNING TO ENSURE WITHIN THIS ORGANIZATION THAT WE'RE KEEPING THAT FRONT AND CENTER AND THE RESOURCES THAT WE'RE PLANNING FOR AND PROVIDING AS WELL AS OUR COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH.

WE ALSO WANTED TO GIVE THE BOARD A DIRECT CORRELATION FROM LAST YEAR'S PRIORITIES THAT YOU ESTABLISHED AT THIS POINT LAST SCHOOL YEAR FOR THE CURRENT YEAR THAT WE'RE IN AND HOW THOSE DIRECTLY ALIGN TO OUR NEW STRATEGIC PLAN.

I KNOW IT THRILLS MR. TURNER AND MR. EASILY TO BEHR ON THE CLOCK 11.5 MONTHS A YEAR IT ALLOW -- AND DRAFTING PROCESS WITH A NEW STRATEGIC PLAN.

YOU'LL SEE HERE WITHIN SYSTEMIC ALIGNMENT THE TRAINING THAT WAS A PRIORITY IDENTIFIED LAST YEAR WITHIN INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE WE HAVE STRATEGIES HIGHLIGHTING THE K2 LITERACY NEED AS WELL AS NTSS WITHIN OUR STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORTS WE HAVE THE STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES AUDIT, IMPLEMENTATION, MTSS INCLUDING RESTORE TAV PRACTICES.

LIKEWISE WHERE TECHNOLOGY MAY HAVE BEEN A BOARD BUDGET PRIORITY IN PAST YEARS THIS YEAR WE WOULD BE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE RICH IN DETAIL AROUND EXPANDING ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY AND SUPPORT FOR HISPANIC AND BLACK FAMILIES BASED OFF THE DATA WE RECEIVE THIRD DEGREE SUMMER.

[01:25:21]

SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH RELATED TO TRAUMA FROM THE DUAL PANDEMICS.

HEALTH AND SAFETY.

COMMUNICATION GETTING MORE TARGETED THERE FOR SUPPORTS FOR EXPANDING OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATION.

THOSE ARE JUST SOME EXAMPLES BUT WHAT I WILL SAY ABOUT THOSE EXAMPLES IS THAT THEY ARE ALL GROUNDED IN REAL LIFE DATA.

AS AN ORGANIZATION WE'RE NOT WANTING TO CREATE WHOLESALE CHANGE YEAR AFTER YEAR IN TERMS OF PRIORITIES AND AREAS OF FOCUS.

WE SAW WITH AREAS OF FOCUS PRESENTED A FEW WEEKS AGO WE SAW THE CONTINUITY THERE IN TERMS OF AREAS OF FOCUS FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR AND HOW THOSE EFFORTS ARE CONTINUING.

SOME OF THEM MAY BE RECONCEPTALIZE A BIT BASED OFF OF THE ENVIRONMENT BUT THAT WE ARE CONTINUING AND NOT CREATING KIND OF THE WHEEL WHERE WE'RE HAVING CON STAT TURN EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

WE'RE GOING TO DO A GROUP ACTIVITY SO WE CAN ALL SEE THE GOOGLE SHEET THAT WE'LL

[01:30:02]

BE, WHOAING IN.

SO HERE YOU'LL IN THE GOOGLE SHEET THE RESPECTIVE GOAL AREAS.] '''PRIORITY THAT YOU HAVE LISTED, THERE'S NO NEED TO RETYPE THAT PRIORITY.

THAT WILL BE COUNTED AND WE'LL TRANSITION IT OVER TO THE NEXT SHEET WHICH IS WHERE WE'RE GOING TO GO THROUGH THE PRIORITIZATION ACTIVITY.

THE IDEA IS TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERY PRIORITY THAT YOU HAVE AS A BOARD MEMBER IS REPRESENTED.

WE'RE GOING TO PROBABLY SPEND AROUND 15 MINUTES KIND OF DOING THIS BRAINSTORM AND GETTING THIS INFORMATION IN.

I DID WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU ALL REED THIS LINK.

I SEE I BELIEVE MOST OF YOU ALL IN THERE HOW FAR IT'S HARD TO TELL EXACTLY WHO IS HERE BECAUSE WE HAVE THE ANONYMOUS MANATEE AND HYENA.

GO AHEAD.

>> CAN YOU SHOW YOUR GOOGLE SHEET? YOU'RE SHARING THE POWERPOINT.

>> OH, MY GOODNESS.

STILL? MOVING OVER TO INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE AND WHAT I'LL DO IS KIND OF READ THE DOCUMENT AND THE ROOM AND WE'LL JUST GIVE SOME TIME PROMPTS IN TERMS OF WHEN WE SHOULD BE TRANSITIONING TO FROM ONE GOAL AREA TO THE NEXT.

AND, AGAIN, SHIFTING TO THE RIGHT AND THEN ONCE YOU GO FROM FAMILY ENGAGEMENT WHICH IS ON THE FAR RIGHT ONCE YOU FINISH THAT YOU'RE GOING TO GO TO SYSTEMIC ALIGNMENT AND KIND OF KEEP THE TRAIN MOVING THAT DIRECTION.

>> THE MUSIC IS DISTRACTING.

THE MUSIC MAKES IT HARD TO THINK, YOU GUYS.

ALSO, WHAT IF I CAN'T TYPE INTO THIS CHART FOR SOME REASON OR ARE -- ARE WE NOT ABLE TO TYPE INTO THE CHART? ABOUT 30 MORE SECONDS IN YOUR CURRENT GOAL AREA AND THEN WE'LL TRANSITION OVER TO THE NEXT.

HAVE WE MOVED ON?

>> YOU SHOULD BE ON THE FOURTH.

>> OH, MY GOODNESS.

ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU.

SO WE SHOULD BE WRAPPING UP THE FOURTH AND JUMPING OVER TO THE FINAL GOAL AREA.

ALL RIGHT.

SO WE SHOULD BE WRAPPING UP AND IT IS FINE IF YOU ARE STILL EXPLORING THOUGHTS IN YOUR FINAL GOAL AREA.

MEMBERS WILL RECALL LAST YEAR WHERE WE HAD A PROCESS AFTER POST IT NOTES AND ALL THE NOTES GOT UP WE THEN WENT THROUGH A PROCESS WHERE MEMBERS REVIEWED THE

[01:35:09]

POST IT NOTES FROM ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS IN A GIVEN GOAL AREA AND BUCKETED THEM.

ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT COMBREL WITHIN THE STRATEGIC PLAN GIVEN THAT'S WHERE A LOT OF THE MTSS RESTORE TAV PRACTICES WERE SO WE'LL MOVE THAT OVER.

I'M JUST GOING TO DO SOME COLOR CODING SO THAT WE KNOW KIND OF WHAT'S BEEN MOVED.

AND THEN WE HAVE A RISK ASSESSMENT UPDATE AS HAS BEEN DEMON PAST YEARS AND WE CAN GO AHEAD AND MOVE THAT OVER.

AND GOOK AHEAD AND STOP MY SCREEN SHARE.

I'M JUST GOING TO OPEN THIS DOCUMENT.

THE PROFESSIONAL LEARNING AND CULTURAL COMPETENCY TRAINING FOR ALL STAFF WE CAN MOVE THAT OVER BUT THAT'S GOING TO FALL UNDER FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.

THOSE ARE PRIORITIES FOR THE 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR.

HOPEFULLY -- I THINK I WAS SORT OF WE'RE USING THE STRATEGIC PLAN AS THE FRAMEWORK DOCUMENT SO WHEREVER A GIFRN TOPIC WAS PLACED ON THE STRATEGIC PLAN THAT THE BOARD ADOPT SECOND DEGREE WHERE WE'RE GOING TO TRY TO PLACE IT THIS EVENING SO WE'RE CONSISTENT.

>> I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT.

SORRY.

>> NO PROBLEM.

NEW PLAN FOR EVERYBODY.

I'M GOING THROUGH.

I'M WONDERING IF WE CAN COMBINE THREE WHICH IS THE ALIGNMENT OF THAT'S KIND OF THE MEASUREMENT AS WELL AS THE IMPLEMENTATION IF WE CAN COMBINE THREE AND EIGHT

[01:40:02]

INTO A SINGULAR PRIORITY.

WE'LL MOVE THAT OVER BUT PUT IT UNDER THE STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT GOAL AREA.

ALL RIGHT.

HALFWAY THROUGH.

STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT WE HAVE SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTION ACTION PLAN.

>>> WE'RE ON -- I THINK THAT BELONGS UNDER STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT.

>> YEAH.

OKAY.

>> THEN WE HAVE ADDITIONAL TARGETED COUNSELING SO I THINK THAT TO ME THAT DOVE TAILS IN WITH THE CONVERSATION WE'RE HAVING AROUND THE SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORTS PARTICULARLY RELATED TO OUR CURRENT CONTEXT IN TERMS OF THE DUAL PANDEMICS SO I FEEL AS THOUGH WE HAVE THAT REPRESENTED UNDER THE STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT.

WE CAN MOVE THAT ONE OVER.

[01:47:42]

THEN WE HAVE AN INCREASED STAFF RETENTION FOR THOSE SERVING UNDERSERVED STUDENTS.

WE CAN MOVE THAT ONE OVER.

AND WE HAVE IMPLEMENTATION OF SEAL.

I'M THINKING THAT ONE CAN GO WE CAN MAUVE THAT ONE OVER TO INSTRUCTIONAL DEPLANES TERMS OF NOT JUST FOCUSING ON THE INSTRUCTION BUT AGAIN THAT CONVERSATION

[01:50:15]

OF ATTENDING TO THE SOCIAL EMOTIONAL NEEDS OF SUBSTITUTES.

TO ENSURING THAT PIECE FOLDING UNDER THE INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE.

THEN WE HAVE AN EQUITY AUDIT OF SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES.

SO I THINK WE CAN HAVE THAT FALL UNDER SYSTEMIC ALIGNMENT.

IN TERMS OF WANT SE RING TO MAKE SURE THAT OUR GOVERNANCE AND POLICY STRUCTURES ARE ALIGNED TO SUPPORT WORK THAT WE'RE DOING.

THEN WE HAVE OUR NECESSARY SUPPORTS TO RETURN IN PERSON SO WE HAVE THAT ONE.

WE HAVE A THOUGHT HERE AROUND I'M GOING TO SAY THIS FOLDS INTO OUR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN AROUND HOW WE ARE CAPTURING STAFF AND

[01:56:04]

STAKEHOLDER VOICE THEN WE HAVE OUR CUSTOMER MANAGEMEN SYSTEM SO CONTINUING THAT WORK HERE SO WE CAN MOVE THAT ONE OVER.

THE HR AUDIT I BELIEVE WE ALREADY HAVE AS WELL.

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE HR AUDIT FINDINGS THERE WE GO.

WE CAN MOVE THAT OVER.

OUTREACH TO UNDERSERVED FAMILIES, COMMUNITIES, TO DETERMINE NEEDED SUPPORTS.

I'M WONDERING IF WE CAN FOLD THAT INTO SOME OF OUR ALREADY OUTREACHES WE HAVE TARGETED OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATION TO OUR FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES SO WE CAN MOVE THAT OVER.

THEN WE HAVE TARGETED TECH NO, MA'AMMING SUPPORTS FOR FAMILIES SO WE CAN MOVE THAT PIECE OVER.

I'M WONDERING IF IN THE HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT ONE THAT WE ALREADY HAVE UNDERINSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE IF WE CAN ADD SOME LANGUAGE TO THAT AROUND ONE BUBBLE AND HAVE IT FALL UNDER INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST WE HAVE TRAINING PTAS AND CULTURAL COMPETENCE SO I THINK POTENTIALLY COULD WE FOLD THIS INTO THE TRAINING FOR STAFF AND SAY INCLUSIVE OF PTAS? SQUAW SO WE HAVE OUR BRAINSTORM AND WHERE NOW MOVED THEM OVER INTO THIS DOCUMENT SO YOU ALL SHOULD BE ABLE TO -- YOU'LL SEE TWO HALVES IF YOU CLICK ON THE BRAIN TOMORROW LIST THAT'S GOING TO TAKE YOU TO THAT.

YOU CAN NOW CLICK ON THE PRIORITIZE LIST.

OUR TIME TOGETHER THIS EVENING SO WHAT WE'RE GOING TO BE DOING HERE IS WE ARE GOING TO BE THROUGH OUR PRIORITIZATION ACTIVITY SO WHAT YOU'LL SEE -- YOU'LL SEE THE BRAINSTORM PRIORITIES.

WHAT WE'RE GOING TO BE DOING AND WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING AS INDIVIDUALS IS YOU EACH WILL GET EIGHT VOTES TOTAL.

SO ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT.

NO MORE.

NO FEWER.

EIGHT VOTES.

AND YOU WILL GET TO VOTE -- YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO VOTE FOR ONE PRIORITY WITHIN EACH GOAL AREA SO YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO HAV FIVE VOTES.

ONE IN EACH PRIORITY AREA.

ONCE YOU GO THROUGH YOUR FILES YOU CAN THEN GO BACK AND SAY -- SO P IMPORTANT.

[02:00:04]

AND DO THAT THREE TIMES.

>> IT'S A LITTLE BIT LARNLER.

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT YOU CAN -- I KNOW THAT YOU'RE LIMITED ON SPACE.

>> SO WHAT YOU CAN DO MARGARET ON YOUR SCREEN BECAUSE YOU'LL BE WORKING NOT ON THE SCREEN SHARE THAT I'M SHOWING NOW BUT ONCE YOU GO BACK TO THE LIFE DOCUMENT, YOU CAN MAKE IT LARGER OR SMALLER BY USING THIS DROPDOWN ON THE ZOOM.

>> RIGHT.

RIGHT.

WHAT WE HAVE HERE AT THE TOP IS YOU'LL SEE ZEROS AND AS YOU ENTER SO WHEN YOU'RE VOTING FOR SOMETHING YOU'RE GOING TO PUT THE NUMBER ONE.

AND THEN IT'S GOING TO COUNT HOW MANY VOTES YOU AS A BOARD MEMBER KIND OF THING ACROSS THE DIFFERENT PRIORITIES AND THAT WILL SHOW UP HERE IN THIS TOP ROW.

AS WELL AS FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PRIORITIES ACROSS BOARD MEMBERS AS YOU'RE VOTING THERE WILL BE SOME TOTALS HERE ON THIS LEFT HAND.

SO ONCE WE GO THROUGH THIS ACTIVITY -- I'M GOING TO PAUSE NOW AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE RAISE YOUR HAND OR YOU CAN JUST CALL OUT.

YES, MICHELLE.

>> I'M JUST CURIOUS AND MAYBE I'M GETTING AHEAD OF MYSELF.

OBVIOUSLY THE INDIVIDUAL PRIORITY WITH THE MOST VOTES WE'LL BE -- THE FIVE OTHERS.

>> MR. PAGE.

YOU SAID WE GET THREE ADDITIONAL RIGHT SO FIVE PLUS 3 IS 8 CORRECT?

>> YES.

>> OKAY.

JUST MAKING SURE.

OKAY.

THANK YOU >> YOU'RE GOOD.

MR. PAGE, MARGARET HERE.

>> I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH WHERE SOME OF THESE ARE PLACED.

LIKE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTION IMPLEMENTATION PLAN IS NOT UNDER INSTRUCTION AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY -- I CAN'T REMEMBER.

HANG ON.

THE -- HOLD ON A MOMENT.

ALL RIGHT.

EXCELLENT JOB MARGARET AND SUSAN.

TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.

SO I HAD GONE THROUGH AND HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN.

THANK YOU, JENNIFER.

JENNIFER IS MAKING MY WORK GO AWAY.

I'VE HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN THE TOP VOTE GETTERS WITHIN EACH GOAL AREA SO THESE ARE GOING TO BE THE FIVE THAT ARE GOING TO REPRESENT THE GIVEN GOAL AREA SO WE SEE WITHIN SYSTEMIC ALIGNMENT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE 2025 PLAN.

WE SEE WITHIN INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE THAT CONTINUATION OF THE KT LITERACY FOCUS AND PARTICULARLY ATTENDING TO COVID LEARNING LOSS WE SEE IN STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT THE NTSS IMPLEMENTATION WITH RESTORATIVE PROCESSES.

STRATEGIC RESOURCE ALLOCATION THE CONTINUED FOCUS ON CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND SUPPORT.

AND THEN WITHIN FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, WE SEE THE CONTINUED ENGAGEMENT WITH HISS FANNIC FAMILIES TO -- HAYS PANIC FAMILIAR -- THOSE ARE OUR TOP FIVE PRIORITIES AND I ALSO THINK OVERALL OUR OVERALL TOP FIV VOTE GETTERS IN -- I THINK THAT WAS THE ONLY FOUR I SAW SO THEN OUR NEXT CUT IS AROUND THREE.

GOT TO LOVE IT WHEN I PLAN COMES TOGETHER.

THEN WE HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING AROUND THE HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT SO FOEDING THAT UNDER INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE.

THEN WE HAVE THE NEEDED ATTENDANCE TO STRESS AND COUNSELING SUPPORTS PARTICULARLY AROUND TRAUMA.

THE GROEBL PANDEMIC.

THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF OUR FAMILIES AND STUDENTS AND THEN WE HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL LEARNING AND CULTURAL COMPETENCY TRAINING UNDER OUR FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AS WELL AS TARGETING SPECIFIC STAKEHOLDERS, FOR EXAMPLE, PTAS IN THAT WORK AS WELL.

I BELIEVE IF MY COUNTING IS RIGHT JENNIFER -- I BELIEVE THAT IS GOING TO BE TEN PRIORITIES.

ONE, TWO.

THREE.

NINE TEN.

>> MR. PAGE, I HAVE A QUESTION.

I SEE THE EQUITY AUDIT BUT I THINK WE WERE PLANNING TO DO THAT ACTUALLY WITH THIS YEAR'S FUNDS.

I'M NOT SURE IF WE WANT TO -- THIS IS FOR THE NEXT YEAR'S BUDGET.

RIGHT.

AND MAYBE DR. HUTCHINGS WANTS TO SPEAK TO THAT.

>> SPEAKING OF THAT, I THINK -- >> GO AHEAD.

>> SPEAKING OF THAT I THINK THAT WE -- TLVGS A TIME, MR. PAGE BE FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT AND IMPLEMENTING SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTION LAST YEAR WE HAD 12 SO OUR GOAL IS TO CONTINUE TO SEVEN SURE THAT WE ARE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND TLGS NO MAGIC NUMBER SO I THINK IF WE LEAVE HERE TONIGHT WITH -- THAT'S OKAY.

I THINK WE CAN CERTAINLY IF WE DO FEEL THE NEED IN THE FEW WHICH YOU ARE -- >> I THINK KEEPING THAT IN AS 11 -- WE'RE FOCUSING ON NOW S ITS WILL BE -- UNLESS WE HAPPEN TO SEE -- AND THEN WE CAN REVISIT -- I THINK THE FOCUS FOR THIS YEAR.

I THINK IT'S SUFFICIENT TO KEEP IT.

[02:05:01]

>> I JUST CHANGED THAT.

THIS IS BUDGET THINK IT MAY NOT BE THAT MUCH.

MAYBE A LOT OF POLICY WORK FOR THE BOARD BECAUSE IN ORDER TO GET THROUGH THEM IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN A SINGLE SCHOOL YEAR.

COMMUNICATION SOMEONE THE LAST ONE OF THAT RISK ASSESSMENT AND REALLY ENOUGH TIME HAS PASSED TO MOVE FORWARD ON OTHER AUDITS OTHER THAN EQUITY POLICY AUDIT.

WE SHOULD PROBABLY HAVE -- START WITH ANOTHER RISK ASSESSMENT.

SO WE DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH WE HAVE ALWAYS PUT IN OUR BUDGET, OUR BOARD BUDGET NOUN KEEP THE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT GOING BY DOING AUDITS THAT CAN INFORM US ABOUT VARIOUS AREAS THAT NEED SOME ATTENTION AND SO WE CAN DECIDE WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT'S BUDGETED THIS YEAR TO USE THE EQUITY AUDIT.

AND I CANNOT SEE YOU RIGHT NOW SO A THUMBS UP -- I CAN'T MAKE YOU ALL ON MY SCREEN.

OKAY.

SO A THUMBS UP.

LET'S TRY THAT AGAIN.

A THUMBS UP IF IT'S OKAY TO DO THE EQUITY AUDIT -- OKAY.

IS THAT GOOD ALL RIGHT? AT THE INQUIRITY AUDIT?

>> I DIDN'T THINK YOU HAD FINISHED THE STATEMENT.

FOR THIS YEAR RIGHT? I JUST SAID I CAN'T SEE EVERYBODYING'S THUMBS AND MR. PAGE MADE IT HAPPEN THAT I COULD.

SO -- I'VE CLARIFIED THAT.

RIGHT.

SHE'S GIVING ME TWO THUMBS UP FOR DOING THAT.

GREAT.

>> MADAME CHAIR -- >> YES.

>> I JUST HAD A QUESTION.

AND I KNOW THIS DIDN'T COME UP DURING THE ACTUAL BRAINSTORMING PIECE BUT I

[02:10:04]

THINK AS WEAVER TALKING ABOUT RENAMING POTENTIALLY WE TALK ABOUT THE HIGH SCHOOL AND ALSO MORRY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WHICH I BELIEVE WE RECEIVED A PETITION ABOUT THAT.

I THINK THAT THAT'S GOING TO NEED TO BE PART OF OUR BUDGET PROCESS BECAUSE IF WE CHANGE THE NAME TO EITHER THE HIGH SCHOOL OR MORRY OR BOTH, THERE WILL BE BUDGETARY IMPLICATIONS.

VOTED TO MAKE THE NAME CHANGE AS WELL AS GOING THROUGH A PROCESS TO IDENTIFY NEXT YEAR -- BUDGETARY IMPLICATIONS.

TO INCLUDE THAT SO THAT IT IS PART OF THE BUDGET PROCESS THIS FALL SIMPLY THE BOARD GETS TO ADOPTING THE BUDGET IN JANUARY THAT WE ARE -- THAT GIVES ACME ANOTHER SEGUE THAT WAS NOT ON THE AGENDA PER SE BUT IS PART OF THE ATTACHMENT.

I JUST WANTED TO SAY, YES, IT HAS TO BE DOING THAT.

THAT'S GOING TO HAVE TO BE IN THE BUDGET.

BECAUSE THERE'S MORE AND I THINK THAT WE'RE GOING TO HEAR ABOUT THAT MORE BUT I THINK THERE WILL PROBABLY BE BUDGETS FOR THOSE BOTH OPERATING AND CIP TO DO THAT.

SO THAT I THINK HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BUDGET PRIORITIES BUT ALSO BEFORE WE -- BEFORE I FORGET.

WE HAVE THE MORRIE PETITION ATTACHED TO TONIGHT'S MEETING AND THAT IS TO FOLLOW IN NORMAL ORDER TO HAVE SOMETHING ABOUT IT IN A MEETING BEFORE WE TAKE -- WE'RE GOING TO BE ON THE AGENDA FOR NEXT WEEK TO START THE PROCESS FOR MORRIE, THE VOTE THAT CAN START THE PROCESS.

I THINK AS LONG AS WE HAVE WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE, WE KNOW OUR GOAL WAS TO DESCRIBE THE LESSON NEXT YEAR AND WORK TOWARDS THAT.

BUT AS LONG AS WE'RE KEEPING THAT SAME NUMBER I THINK THAT IS -- >> AND WE ARE DONE AND I WANTED TO JUST BRING BACK TO THE BOARD AND JUST REAFFIRM THE CORE VALUES WITHIN THIS STRATEGIC PLAN.

WE'LL DO THIS AND MAKE THIS EXPLICIT NOW THAT WE HAVE THE BOARD BUDGET PRIORITIES FOR FY 21-22.

BUT JUST THE AMAZING WORK THAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE WITH TRULY LIVING THESE CORE VALUES AND COMING UP WITH MORE BUDGET PRIORITIES THAT

[02:16:00]

ALIGN WITH OUR VISION, OUR MISSION.

THAT WE'RE WELCOMING.

IT TRULY IS FOR ME AS A LEADER WITHIN THIS ORGANIZATION IT'S KIND OF A LONG TIME MEMBER OF THE ORGANIZATION SUCH AN EXCITING TIME TO SEE THE

[02:21:59]

POWER AND THE WORK THAT'S HAPPENING SO JUST WANTED TO SAY HATS OFF TO THE BOARD AND WORK WITH THE WORK YOU ALL HAVE PUT IN TONIGHT.

[02:26:30]

>> IN ADDITION TO THAT, I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT THIS IS AN IDEA OF WHAT SCHOOLS ARE GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW.

[02:30:04]

WE'RE HAVING TO PIVOT.

LIKE I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH IN PERSON.

LET ME JUST TELL YOU THAT.

BUT HAVING THE GOAL FROM IN PERSON ENGAGEMENT.

THEY'RE A DIFFERENT SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE.

YOU CAN STILL GETTOUT COMES -- YOU ALL DID A PHENOMENAL JOB.

[02:37:42]

THERE'S NO PREPARATION.

YOU GOTTEN THROUGH TRAINING TO DO THIS.

[02:43:28]

YOU JUST GET INTO THE MOTION AND DO IT.

THANK YOU FOR DOING THAT.

>> I THINK IT POINTS TO THE GREAT DIRECTION AND THE GREAT, YOU KNOW, WORK THAT THE STAFF DOES THAT ALLOWS US TO DO THIS SO I MEAN I'M EVEN MORE ENCOURAGED FOR

[02:45:05]

OUR STUDENTS WHEN I COME TO A MEETING LIKE THIS AND IT JUST SEEMS TO GO OFF, YOU KNOW, SEAMLESSLY.

BUT I DO MISS EVERYBODY TOO.

IN FACT, I STILL HAVE SOMETIMES WHEN I'M THINKING IT'S MEETING DAY I THINK ABOUT GRABBING A BITE BEFORE WE GO TO THE MEETING AND I ENVISION THAT.

AND I REALIZE THAT IS HAPPENING.

IF THERE'SING IN ELSE THAT ANYONE CAN TELL ME THAT I'VE FORGOTTEN -- >> MADAME CHAIR.

>> YES.

I FORGOT SOMETHING.

>> NOT THAT YOU FORGOT.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT BEFORE WE WRAPPED UP WE JUST GOT CLARIFICATION ON THE ENGAGEMENT AND THE BUDGET KIND OF PROCESS AS WELL AS PROCESS RESOLUTION IN THE CALENDAR.

I WANT US TO -- I JUST WANT TO KNOW OUR MARCHING ORDERS OF WHAT ARE WE -- ARE WE NOT DOING CHANGES? ARE WE GOING TO BE SENDING IN INFORMATION TO THE SUPERINTENDENT, THE BOARD CHAIR?

I WANT TO JUST GET AN IDEA OF WHAT -- >> I THINK WHAT I HEARD, I DIDN'T HEAR ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT RULES OF ENGAGEMENT BEING AN ISSUE.

I THINK THE CALENDAR WAS THE ONLY THING AND SO WHAT I WOULD SAY IS THINGS HAVE TO BE POST -- YOU'RE GOING TO POST BY FRIDAY RIGHT FOR NEXT WEEK?

>> YES.

WE POST TOMORROW.

>> THAT'S TOMORROW.

YES.

THAT'S FRIDAY IS TOMORROW.

THANK YOU.

THAT MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR APPROPRIATE ATEING CHANGES.

I THINK IF SOMEONE ELSE JUST SUDDENLY EUREKA AHAH MOMENT ABOUT THIS ONE THAT WE CAN FIGURE OUT IN THE NEXT WEEK.

SO OF COURSE WE COULD CHANGE IT NEXT WEEK IN THE MEETING.

[02:50:02]

BUT I THINK IF YOU HAVE A CHANGE YOU REALLY NEED TO GET THEM IN BY, LIKE, MAYBE MONDAY SO THAT THEY CAN BE VETTED BECAUSE, LIKE WE FOUND WITH THE ONE THAT SEEMED GOOD BUT IT'S NOT GOOD BECAUSE THE STAFF CAN'T TURN AROUND THE INFORMATION BODY, WE HAVE TO FIND OUT IF LODGISTICLY LIT WORK SO BY MONDAY IF WE CAN GET IT TO WORK, WE CAN PROPOSE CHANGES BUT OTHERWISE I THINK WE REALLY DO NEED TO LOOK AT PROBABLY BACKING UP THE WHOLE THING.

>> SO I'M WONDERING IF AT ALL POSSIBLE IF WE COULD GET THIS SO THAT IT'S SUSTAINABLE.

IF WE COULD BRING SOME ALTERNATIVES FOR FY-23 BUDGET SO THAT WE CAN GO IN KNOWING THAT WE WOULD NEED TO BRING THIS TOWARDS MAYBE LIKE WHEN WE DO OUR WORK SESSION IN AUGUST SO THAT WE'RE FRONT LOADING IT PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER AND THEN WE'RE ABLE TO WE COULD ADJUST EVEN OUR TIMEFRAME IF NEED BE SO THAT IT COULD WORK BUT IT JUST GIVES US TIME.

WHAT I'M THINKING I'M JUST THINKING OF HAVING SOME TIME TO DO SOME -- TO HAVE SOME POTENTIAL ALTERNATIVES BUT ALSO TO WORK WITH THE CITY AROUND HOW THIS ALL COULD WORK OUT AND WHAT ARE SOME OF THE IMPLICATIONS SOME OF THE DECISIONS THAT WE MAKE AND I WOULD HATE FOR US TO COMMIT TO SOMETHING AND THEN WE HAVEN'T HAD THE INTERNAL DISCUSSION WITH THE CITY AROUND ANY IMPLICATIONS THAT THAT MIGHT BRING.

I HAVEN'T HAD THAT DISCUSSION THIS FALL AND I DON'T THINK THAT'S FAIR >> RIGHT.

RIGHT.

>> TO THE CITY MANAGER.

HE WOULD BE SURPRISED TO SAY OKAY NOW WE'VE CHANGED THE CALENDAR SO I JUST FEEL LIKE IT WOULD GIVE US AN OPPORTUNITY TO REAL SLAY SOME DISCUSSION INTERNALLY SO WE CAN BRING SOME OPTIONS AND SHARE WITH THE BOARD WHAT THE APPLICATIONS ARE.

>> YEAH BECAUSE MY MEMORY IS BECAUSE WE HAVE TO BACK UP THIS.

MY MEMORY IS THAT'S WHEN IT GETS TRICKTY BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE WORK THAT HAS TO HAPPEN BEFORE AND THEN YOU END UP HAVING CIP INFORMATION THAT GETS KIND OF OLD.

THAT WAS SOME OF THE DISCUSSION BEFORE I THINK ABOUT BACKING IT UP THEN BECAUSE OF THE SUMMER MONTHS, MS. GENTRY?

>> YOU'RE ON MUTE THOUGH.

>> THANK YOU.

I JUST WANTED TO SAY IF WE PROCEED WITH THAT AND IT DOES LOOK LIKE -- I WOULD SAY IF THAT NEEDS TO BE PART OF THE MEETING OR IF THAT NEEDS TO BE AN AGENDA ITEM THAT IS MAYBE NOT THAT BUT I KNOW THE CITY SCHOOL SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING I WOULD JUST ASK CAN THAT BE AN AGENDA ITEM THAT'S PLACED ON THAT.

AND THAT WAY THERE IS ENOUGH TIME I THINK DR. HUTCHINGS MADE AN EXCELLENT POINT IN THIS DIALOGUE BACK AND FORTH WHAT THIS DISCUSSION HAS BROUGHT FORTH SEPTEMBER IS NOT REALLY A TIME WHEN WE CAN MAKE CHANGES TO THE BUDGET CALENDAR THEN WE'RE GOING TO NEED TO REALLY START THIS PROCESS MUCH EARLIER.

YEAH IT CERTAINLY HAS BEEN -- A STICKING POINT ON THEIR END CERTAINLY TO MAKE ANY CHANGES BUT WE CAN BRING IT BACK.

WE NEED TO BRING IT BACK SOON BECAUSE THEY'RE ONLY ALLOWING FOR COVID RELATED TOPICS WHICH IS REALLY A LITTLE LIMITING RIGHT NOW WITH OUR JOINT MEETINGS.

THEY CHANGED THAT BUT IT DIDN'T WORK LAST TIME SO WHAT WE'LL KEEP WORKING ON -- I DO THINK MAYBE IT EVEN HAS TO BE IN THE SPRING THAT WE TALK ABOUT THIS FOR NEXT YEAR BECAUSE I THINK AS MISS GENTRY SAID ONCE WE GET TO AUGUST THAT'S REALLY ALMOST SEPTEMBER AND WE NEED TO HAVE BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT HAVE YOU TO DO THE WORK BEFORE BECAUSE THERE'S A LOT OF WORK THAT THE STAFF DOES BEFORE.

I SEE MR. TURNER SHAKING HIS HEAD YES.

SO EVERYTHING WE DO EXACTS THE STAFF SO IT -- THAT'S PART OF WHAT GETS INTO THE WAY THAT THEN IT GETS INTO THE SUMMER AND THAT'S A DIFFERENT ANIMAL IN TERMS

[02:55:05]

OF WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING DURING THE SUMMER.

>> MADAME CHAIR, I THINK -- I MISSPOKE A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE AUGUST PIECE BECAUSE REMEMBER IN JUNE WE ARE TO PROVIDE THE DRAFT TO THE BOARD, THE DRAFT CALENDAR FOR FY 23 SO THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IN JUNE WE CAN PROVIDE TWO DRAFTS.

WE CAN PROVIDE ONE DRAFT THAT IS JUNE WITH THE TRADITIONAL FORM AND THEN BROKE VIED ONENA IS TRUNCATED THERE TO MOVE UP, YOUR DELIBERATION TO MOVE UP TO SET BLOWFLY IN FEBRUARY.

>> RIGHT.

THAT'S IMPORTANT REALLY BECAUSE SOME OF THE REVENUE SPEAKING OF THE REVENUE SIDE YOU GET SOME OF THE INFORMATION THAT FEEDS INTO IT TOO.

>> THAT IS CORRECT.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN ADD ANOTHER YEAR LIKE 2020 AND THAT WILL ALL CHANGE BUT TYPICALLY WE GET THAT REVENUE NUMBER IN JANUARY, FEBRUARY TIMEFRAME SOME THAT WE'RE ABLE TO HELP THE SCHOOL BOARD BE ABLE TO APPROVE A BUDGET THE MOST ACCURATE STATE REVENUE NUMBERS.

>> SO IT SEEMS THERE'S MORE WORK TO BE DONE HERE.

I THINK REALLY GIVEN THAT WE WERE KIND OF REMOTE FOR PART OF LAST YEAR AND INTO THIS YEAR BUT YEAH.

SO WE WILL BRING IT BACK TO THE SUBCOMMITTEE.

WE'LL HAVE THE MULTIPLE CALENDARS OF DIFFERENT IN THE JUNE TIMEFRAME AND IF PEOPLE CAN SEND US EMAILS, SEND DR. HUTCHINGS AND ME SOMETHING THIS WEEK IF YOU -- WITH THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT.

DOES THAT SOUND GOOD?

>> OKAY.

ALL RIGHT, EVERYONE.

OH, DR. REEVE.

>> ALL RIGHT.

-- RIEF.

THIS IS A BUDGET PRIORITY QUESTION.

I RAISED MY HAND A WHILE AGO.

THANK YOU FOR THE EXERCISE MR. PAIGE.

WILL YOU ALL POST THE DOCUMENTS, THE COMPLETED DOCUMENTS.

I'M ASSUMING YOU'RE GOING TO SHARE BELL WE HAVE ACCESS RIGHT NOW TO THE FWOOGAL DOC BUT I'M JUST THINKING LIKE A PDF DOCUMENT.

ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FOLLOW ALONG AND WERE TOTALLY LOST LIKE IT JUST MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO HAVE THOSE DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC THAT WE JUST WORK THROUGH.

>> YES.

WE'LL BE POSTING KIND OF THE FINAL WORKER DOCUMENTS FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE.

>> ALL RIGHT.

I SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE THEIR HANDS UP.

I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT'S BEEN UP.

SO SORRY.

>> MY APOLOGIES.

I JUST WANTED TO THROW IN ONE MORE BUDGET PRIORITY STATEMENT.

YOU KNOW, IN REGARD TO THE SPECIAL EDUCATION AUDIT, THE ISSUE OF TARGETED COMMUNICATION FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS WITH DISABILITIES IS A SUPER HOT TOPIC RIGHT NOW.

SO I GUESS MY PLUG TO BOTH DOCTOR WARNER AND -- IS IF WE COULD SOMEHOW, YOU KNOW, FIGURE OUT WAYS THAT WE CAN SOMEHOW SORT OF ADD THAT AS A COMPONENT TO THIS SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTION AUDIT I THINK WE CAN COVER THOSE TWO BASES BUT THAT IS A VERY, VERY PRESSING TOPIC AT THE MOMENT SO IF WE CAN GET A TWOFER FOR THAT ONE THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

>> OKAY.

SO NOW THAT I -- WE FOUND MY HANDS RAISED I THINK THAT'S EVERYBODY.

[03:00:02]

SO SUDDENLY WHEN THE SCREEN CAME BACK I DIDN'T -- I MISSED -- I LOST THE -- OH, DR. HUTCHINGS.

>> I SEE MS. GREEN REFS FIRST.

I SAW HER HAND UP FIRST.

>> OH.

OKAY.

MS. GREEN.

SORRY.

>> SHE WAS WAVING HER HAND.

>> AND I HAD MY PANELIST RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

SO SORRY.

>> I KNOW THE SENIORS HAD THEIR LAST FIRST DAY EVENT WHICH WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL AT THE SCHOOL SO I WANTED TO SEE IF SHE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON IN THE SPIRIT WEEK.

>> IT IS.

THAT WE CAN'T HAVE FUN.

WE CAN'T NORMALIZE A FEW THINGS ABOUT SCHOOL.

I HAD TO DO FOR THIS FIRST COUPLE OF DAYS OF SCHOOL, OUR TEACHER WOULD ASK US HOW WE LIKE THE VIRTUAL LEARNING AND WHAT NORMS THAT WE SHOULD HAVE AND STUFF LIKE THAT AND I JUST -- AND LIKE ALL THE TIME I KEPT SAYING IT'S IMPORTANT THAT -- IT'S IMPORTANT THAT WE MOST OF THE TIME SEE YOUR FACE BECAUSE WE MISS -- WE ALREADY MISS THAT INTERACTION FROM OUR STUDENTS AND BEING ABLE TO TALK TO OUR FRIENDS THAT ARE AT THE DESK NEXT TO US AND BE ABLE TO BE IN THE SMALL GROUPS.

WE LOVE THAT PART OF SCHOOL.

AND NOW WE JUST CAN'T DO THAT SO WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE CAN AND INTERACT IN OUR BREAKOUT ROOMS EFFECTIVELY AND EVERYTHING.

SO, YEAH.

WE'LL BE DEFINITELY HAVING LIKE OUR FIRST LAST DAY OF SCHOOL.

>>.

>> THANK YOU AND THANKS MS. GREEN FOR BRINGING THAT UP.

ALL RIGHT.

NOW I THINK ARE THERE ANY OTHER DR. HUTCHINGS, YOURS IS UP.

>> I JUST WANTED TO MENTION THAT NEXT WEEK WE'RE GOING TO BE GOING THROUGH OUR CIP BUDGET PRIORITIES.

SO TODAY WAS THE COMBINED FUNDS BUDGET.

NEXT WEEK WE'LL BE SHARING OUT ABOUT CIP AND ONE POINT THAT I WANTED TO MAKE BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BE SENDING A BOARD MEMO NOT A MEMO, EXCUSE ME, A CITY MANAGER MEMO TOMORROW TO THE CITY MANAGER IN REGARDS TO OUR DOUGLAS MCARTHUR PROJECT AND I'LL ALSO BE SHARING THAT WITH THE BOARD AS WELL SO THAT HE CAN SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THE CITY COUNCIL.

SO ONE IN PARTICULAR THING THAT YOU'LL SEE IN THE MEMO THAT I'LL SHARE WITH YOU ALL IS THAT WE ARE SEEING THAT BASED ON RIGHT NOW OU PRELIMINARY NUMBERS WE'RE SEEING THAT THE DOUGLAS MCARTHUR PROJECT MAY BE MORE THAN WHAT WE BUDGETED AND OUR CIP CURRENTLY MAYBE A LITTLE UNDER 10% MORE.

IN REGARDS TO PRICE.

I'M SHARING THAT WITH THE CITY MANAGER AND IT MAY BE A TOPIC OF DISCUSSION WITH THE CITY COUNCIL ON SATURDAY BUT WE WON'T HAVE SPECIFIC DETAILS UNTIL WE GET INTO THE BUDGET PROCESS.

>> SO DOES THE NEW AMOUNT ACCOUNT FOR THE NET ZERO RATHER THAN NET ZERO READY? IS IT -- DOES IT ADDRESS THAT? ISN'T THAT A CHANGE THEY MADE.

>> YES.

SO IT WILL ADDRESS A NUMBER OF THINGS BECAUSE WE ALSO WITH THE PARKING GARAGE

[03:05:02]

REMEMBER IT IS UNDERGROUND AND NOW WITH THE SQUARE FOOTAGE AND THE AMOUNT OF SPACE THAT WE HAVE TO MAKE AN UNDER GROUND PARKING GARAGE IT'S JUST A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THAN EXPECTED SO IT'D COSTS A LITTLE BIT MORE TO DO.

THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME DOING UNDERGROUND PARKING GARAGE FOR A SCHOOL SO THAT IS WHERE SOME OF THE ADDITIONAL COSTS CAME FROM.

ALSO JUST NORMAL INFLATION BUT THE INFLATION IN REGARDS TO FUNDING WAS NOT 10%.

YOU KNOW.

SO THERE ARE A NUMBER OF FACTORS THAT ARE CAUSING THE INCREASE AND WE'LL BE ABLE TO LAY OUT MORE SPECIFICS WITH THE BOARD ONCE WE GET SOME OF OUR FINAL DETAILS.

>> GREAT.

THANK YOU.

KEYS .

>> OKAY.

ANYBODY -- IS THAT -- ARE WE GOOD? IT'S 8:49.

WE DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.

WE CAN JUST SIGN OFF.

NO ADJOURNMENT.

WE'VE ALREADY DONE THAT.

ALL RIGHT.

HAVE A GOOD EVENING, EVERYONE.

>> BYE.

THANK YOU, MR. PAIGE.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.